Thursday, March 27, 2008

Free to be happy

Dr Cloud says we choose to be slaves to things that make us unhappy. What you say! Why would we choose to be unhappy?.....One, we love the object of our slavery more than we will admit and two we won't be obedient to walk away from it! For me its food, WOW so many things I love I just won't walk away from even though they cause me to gain weight...choice...unhappy...slavery....
What about you? a relationship...approval...control by others...status...money...
Well what to do? If you can't just stop it alone, admit you need help. Ask God, ask others.
Then, the soul search..Why, what is the need behind it, what I am I trading, what am i covering up?
CHOOSE LIFE you are not alone
Deuteronomy 6:3 Be careful to obey so it may go well with you.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5 God comforts us so we can comfort others

I am trying to loose weight for the upcoming wedding and it is going slowly. I get stuck at a certain number and then I give into the slavery. I need freedom from loving the wrong things.
1 Corinthians 10:13 God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out to that you can endure.
Remember to ask!!!

Knitting some gauntlets and a lace shawl (A Year of Lace, my knitting group). Just finished a baby sweater. Snowshoeing with friends in Peter Lougheed, lovely. ESL Conversation and more Cafe starting up with a friend in Kensington in April. Lots of lesson plan to make up for 6 weeks of classes. Remodelling of the bathroom to begin next week. Wedding plans ongoing.
God keep you! and me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.