Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Knitting

I have returned to knitting and really enjoying it. I am taking some classes at a local store and learning some new things. One of the best parts is meeting new people. It is wonderful to be in a community no matter what it is. God is so right that we are made for community, the Greek word Konania. Everyone different but adding colours and flavours that we alone to not have to make the world a wonderful place.
I also took up snowshoeing and it is fun, I like it better than X-Cr skiing, because there is no wax to worry about. Sadly there is a great lack of snowfall so I have only gone a few times.
My Dad suffers from chronic depression and this time of year is so hard for him. He did get himself a SAD Light and it is helping some. He sees a psychiatrist and a nurse therapist which helps. There is so much help there if you seek it. It is not by accident or chance that I ended up being a psych. nurse. I know that I need to work on being more patient with him.
It seems clear that King David suffered from depression he saught God's help. His words give comfort and hope that God knows, he hears. Psalm 42:5 & 11 says;
Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed with in me?
Put your hope in God, for yet will I praise him,
my Savior and my God.

No comments: