Saturday, June 23, 2007


Wow, it has been over a week since the last post. Well, my excuses are golf and hiking, got to get out there! Next week I begin a discussion group for the summer on the book "Can You Hear Me" by Brad Jersak. It is about listening prayer. Already it has been thought provoking. He supposes that we all hear from God in many ways but tend to excuse it as immagination, coincidence or impossible and silly. Yet the bible is very clear that we will hear God and in fact Jesus promised it several times. Jersak is clear, in that we must test what we think is God's voice because there are many reasons for people to error. I will share some of my thoughts as I go along.
Meanwhile here is a picture of my hike this week.


When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth.
He will not be presenting his own ideas; he will be telling you what he has heard.
He will tell you about the future. He will bring me glory by revealing to you whatever he receives from me. All that the Father has is mine; this is what I mean when I say that the Spirit will reveal to you whatever he receives from me.

John 16:13-16

No comments: